Monday, August 3, 2009

Yo Dawg. I heard you like blogs, so we put a blog in your blog so you can blog when you blog.

Now that it's over I can describe my busy weekend.

On Thursday some friends on tour came here. I was going to have them play in my basement, but we ended up going to Harmony instead. They played open mic and it went really good. Dudes sold mad CDs. Afterwards we hung out on the ave and Matt put together a bike for this girl he was trying to get with. I got home early enough to get 30 minutes of sleep.

Friday I woke up at 3a.m. to work. I don't remember working at all. I got home and we headed downtown to meet up with Matt and Brandon, since they stayed at that girl's house. They were supposed to roll out and play in Milwaukee on Friday night, but opted to chill in Appleton for another night and ended up getting a show at Harmony. The whole day was spent in downtown Appleton. After much Herberts&Gerberts and a failed attempt to get into the Houdini Museum, we kicked it at Heid's music for what seemed like hours (because it was hours.) That night they kicked the shit out of Harmony with a set that included just a little bit of scat. There was a hot girl working at Harmony and we went with her to a fire. My friend Steve was here from Madison and I watched him play piano like Randy Newman for a while. Mike was there smokin' his pipe as well. All the girls left the fire super early and Matt got completely lit. In the van he told everyone how much he loves us.

Saturday was a sleep catch-up day. I had basically been awake for 36 hours straight. The guys showered and got ready to drive down to Rockwell, IL. There was a minor van problem and they had to buy a new battery. The next thing I know it was 5:00 p.m. I ate and went down to Harmony (again) to see my friends from Madison play with Billy Rayson. The show was real good. I totally hated shows for a while, but this weekend may have pulled me out of that. After the high school reunion of a show, we walked around college ave, at one point breaking into an awkward rendition of "White Christmas." I got home and found out that my dress shoes stained the fuck out of my socks though.

It was a fun weekend. This week will be pretty tame. Having coffee with some people and then maybe a party on Saturday. Check out my friend's bands:
http://www.myspace.com/grizzlyjberry
http://www.myspace.com/weareavocados
http://www.myspace.com/billyraysonmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment