Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Limited Stop Motion

A few people might remember me talking about Pretentious Man, my superhero with indie bitch-related superpowers.
He will be coming to life within the next couple of weeks in what I'm calling a "limited stop motion" series featuring PM taking on a slew of enemies.
Hopefully nobody has trademarked that phrase yet, cause I thought I was pretty clever when I came up with the idea of "limited stop motion."

Basically I'll be recording old-timey radio versions of these adventures, with sound effects and different voices and dramatic music, then laying stop motion animation over it.
The difference is that I'm going to be only doing traditional stop motion animation when characters use their powers, the rest will play like panels of a comic book. The pictures will be made out of a mixture of magazine clippings and construction paper, (since I'm obviously going to have to make costumes for everyone and have different mouths for dialogue.)

This is going to take a lot of work, so the next couple posts will probably be PM-related.

No comments:

Post a Comment