Thursday, January 21, 2010

I've eaten 10 cheese sandwitches today

If you could see me right now, you would see a person who has been completely consumed by laze.
I'm sitting on my bed typing this as my PS2 loads yet another game of Madden. My 11-0 made-up Packer team is set to take on Atlanta. I don't even like football. The pajamas I'm wearing aren't even the ones with pockets, which is to say I don't have my cell phone on me. It's probably downstairs.
SModcast is playing from my laptop, which is also downloading The Sarah Silverman Program season one.

My theory is that I'm not going to have the internet in my apartment in Minneapolis, unless I piggyback it off some other fool's connection, so I'm burning rediculous amounts of DVDs to have something to kill time with.
I know I'm not going to have t.v. there.

The burst of motivation I had a few weeks ago hasn't exactly worn off, but it has been benched. (To put it in football terms.) The script's progress is going very slowly and the many scholarship essays I hoped to write haven't been started. I applied for a job, but haven't checked up on it.

It's not that I don't want to do things, it's that I got so excited so early for moving and going back to school and meeting new people that I totally burned myself out, then quickly realized that I still have 6 months left in this town.

Maybe this weekend something fun will happen here and get me excited about things again, enough to want to go out looking for another job and work on the script with people and get out of the house. Hopefully at least I'll want to put on pants.

1 comment: