Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Missing Superhero

I'm calling off my one-man search for the horrible mini-comic I did of the pitchfork-reading, thick framed glasses-wearing, coffee-drinking superhero Pretentious Man that I wrote and drew back in February. It must have gotten lost when I moved.

Not really a loss. Just thought it would be funny to read it and be embarrassed by it. There were 3 super-villains: the hip hop themed 808, the country music themed Lap Steel, and the metal themed Captain Corna.

808 talked in raps and could send bass shock waves through the ground, kinda like that Jax fool from Mortal Kombat 2, which hurt you somehow.
Lap Steel (very accurately) threw bottles of whiskey and had jet boosters in his cowboy boots. He was the lamest of the three.
Captain Corna was fucking metal and awesome. He could throw up his horns to summon the powers of hell and had an army of scorpions. He wore a denim jacket with a King Diamond album cover painted on the back.

Pretentious Man didn't have real powers. But, he would mercilessly cut down everything that any opposing force held dear, usually resulting in the criminal crying and distracted enough for the cops to slap a pair of cuffs on them. Sometimes he would scald people with coffee, but being a skinny white dude, he didn't like getting physical. Mostly he just fought crime so he could blog about it later. Pretentious Man had a catchphrase too: "I'm over it."

The more I talk about it, the cooler it sounds.
Trust me though...it was pretty lame.
Mostly because of the bad art.

No comments:

Post a Comment